Tuesday, March 5, 2013

True Guatemalteco


This week was the best week I have had in the CCM.  Sorry if this is shorter I tried sending pictures. I will explain what they are another day. Presedente gave me permission.  A lot has gone on this week.  It all satred in the begining of the week when I fell down the stairs and bruised my ankle and my leg. Do not worry though it feels much better now. I am just glad I did not break anything. Before I forget, please send all of my mail from now on to my mission home.  The mail takes 2 weeks to get here so if you send it to the CCM I will be gone.
 
This week was so amazing because I got to go and contact with people. It was only across the street at the Temple but it was an amazing experience. We talked to a man and his daughter. Now we have an appointment to meet with him on Thursday.  You could not do that in the Provo MTC.  One of the coolest things that I think will help is that he was born in Jerusalem, moved to Guatemala most of his life and for college he went to New York.  Do you know what that means?  He knows English!!!  I am super excited to teach him.
 
Here we are! Courtesy of the wonderful Sister Brinton :) - Hermanas Ison, Gurule y Coats (left to right) We love you lots!!!!!
This week it was about 60 degrees so the Latinos were very cold. All of them were wearing scarves hats gloves and winter jackets. It was funny. My district keeps gettting smaller and smaller. Right now we have 2 Hermanas and one Elder. This week they are going to put us in a Latino district or put us with the new Nortes coming in.  I hope we will go with the Latinos so I do not know who my companion will be.  Today we got to leave the CCM again and go on a city tour and to the market.  It was cool and I bought a bunch of things for about $3.  After the market we went to this square and talked to people. I love contacting. We talked to this man, I gave him a book of mormon and got his informatiuon because he wants to know more. The people down here are amazing and very humble.


Group Photo of all Missionaries at the CCM
I love it!!!  Oh and also today when we talked to this one man he was convinced I was a native and my companions were from the USA. I guess the few things I said in spanish were correct. It was funny. Well I have to go.  Love you all lots. Hermana Gurule

No comments:

Post a Comment