Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Trio


Guatemala Temple
Hello again!!!!! Another week has gone by in the CCM and I am not yet half way done.  It is crazy to think that I have been here for 3 whole weeks. I know that three weeks is not a long time but when you are a missionary and your days are always full, it seems like a week is forever and just a blink of an eye at the same time.  This week I got two new companions. Hermana Coats and Hermana Ison. They were in my district before and we are now a trio.   Hermana Coats is going to Nicaragua and Hermana Ison is going to Retalhuleu in Guatemala.  Aside with getting all new companions this week, I also got all new teachers as well.  Everything happens for a reason and I know that it is for the best.  Sometimes we have a lot of different changes in our lives and we may not like it at first but it really helps us grow together.   I say this because at the begining of the week my companionship had a lot of contention between us.  There were some misunderstandings and it is difficult to teach and do everything 24/7 with three very different people.  I have learned a lot this week about compromising and understanding where people are coming from.  I really love companionship inventories because they allow us to express how we are feeling and build up our companions as well.  It is amazing how much we have grown as a compaionship from not really working together at the begining of the week to all working in unison helping one another supporting each others ideas.  I just love it!!!  One of my favoirite experiences this week was teaching in CRE(TRC) we taught this old lady and it was really funny because if we were trying to say something in Spanish she would help us but say something different than what we were going to say.  It was funny but we just went with it. The members in Gautemala are so kind and strong in the Church.  All of the people are humble and I can not wait until I am in the field.  I am not sure if any of you in the states heard about this, but last week they announced 58 new missions in the world. One of them is in Guatemala.

The boundries for Guatemala City South, Cental and North will all  be changed.  That means that in July I could potentially be assigned to a new misison.  I love how missionary work in the world is growing.
Guatemala City Temple at Night


Heavenly Father does have a plan for us(His Children).  It is really exciting to be a missionary becuase the work is hastening and more people are gaining the knowledge about the truth of the gosple.  For all of my family and firends, I am inviting you to take advantage of this time.  Meet with the missionaries in your area.  If you do not know how, go to mormon.org and there is a link to meet with the missionaries.  Learn for yourself whether the Church of Jesus Chist of Latter Day Saints is the True Church on the earth. Learn whether or not the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored on the eartrh and that God has callled a modern day prophet to help show us all the way back to Him. Learn whether or not families can be together forever.  I know that all of these things are true.  That is why I am on a mission to help other people come to this knowledge by themselves.  I am a tool in the Lord's hands.  Each and every person needs to gain a testimony of this themselves through reading the Book of Mormon, study and Prayer.  The Holy Ghost will testify to you that it is true. Try it, I dare you (Especially if you do not believe me).  I love this gospel with every part of me.  I love my family so much and I know that they love me too.

Thank you all for your love and support. I did get a few letters this week. If you are wondering I think it takes about two weeks to come from the states -even packages and three or four weeks from other countries.  I will write you again next week.  Hermana Cailey Gurule
 

No comments:

Post a Comment