Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Guatemala this Week


Right now I am a little sad to say that I am sick. It all started when my companion was sick a few days ago but we will get into that later. Last P-Day was really great because we got permisison to visit San Juan and San Raymundo. I loved going back and showing my previous area to my companion along with seeing a few people there. I did try to find one of my investigators but I couldn´t find them anywhere. One really cool thing is that I got some clothes from Guatemala. It isn´t from San Juan but I really like it. A recent convert gave it to me. I just love it and I didn´t think it would look good on me but I like it.
Guatemalan Dress from an Investigator 
Thank you Hna. Laura for my Ropa Tipica

Visiting in San Reymundo



 

Tuesday we met with a lot of interesting people. One of them told me about how I can get rid of my asthma. They told me to get a baby cat and raise it for 6 months only feeding it milk and bread. Then kill it and cook it in water and salt. If I eat everything my asthma will be gone. Interesting right? I might just have to try it lol.  Along with that I am so grateful to live in the USA where everyone has the opportunity to learn. If you aren´t great at learning here your parents don´t put you in school. 

 

At the end of that evening, I had a really cool experience. I was in a lesson with a family that always has a lot of questions and they like to argue a bit. I never argue back but bear my testimony. The spirit came really strongly and everyone was crying. Then after I bore my testimony there was complete silence. They didn´t have a single argument, we prayed and left. Really it was such an amazing experience.  

 

Wednesday we went to vist an investigator who only really has time to meet with us on the weekends. When we got to her house she wasn´t there but her mom was. We taught her and at the end our investigator came in. After the lesson we asked if there was anything we could do to help her but she said no and then asked if she joined the church and then didn´t come anymore if she had to pay for all of the service we did. I reassured her that we don´t do service for money. It doesn´t matter if you are a member or not. She felt better about that but it was a little funny. As we left we told her the visit that day would cost 20Q she laughed and told us if we wanted to leave it was 40Q. We joke around about that now. haha

 

Finally we were able to bring the family Aparicio to the house of a member. I know that when we do have a lesson with a member they are so much better. I want the people I teach to remember the members here that helped them more than me. 

The kids in the Family Aparicio menos 1 y plus un amigo
 

On Thurday our phone stopped working and so we have to use a pay phone right now. It isn´t that bad but we don´t call as many people. I opened it up and there were bugs inside but that is Guatemala for you. Good thing I love it here. Right now there is also always a little breeze and so a lot of people fly kites. I love seeing them in the sky. Also I just love seeing all of the fruit trees here. When I have my own house I want to be sure to have a garden and fruit trees. I always loved that growing up. 

 

Friday we had a zone meeting and I met some of the new people in my zone. We all are working hard and the new girl in my district worked with my companion from the CCM, Hna. Coats in Nicuragua. It was nice to find out how she is doing.  Speaking of companions it is official that only one of mine is in the mission and that is my companion right now. All of the other ones are in another mission or home, how weird is that. 

 

Saturday my companion woke up and went to use the bathroom and then she blacked out. Luckily I was there to catch her but she still hit her head on the wall a little bit. That day she just slept and in the night felt better. Then the next day I woke up with a fever. The good news is that I made a plan of salvation but there is so much more to do and lots of people to visit so I hope I get better soon.  

 
Spending time outside when my companion was not feeling well

I am really excited to hear from you and I will tell you more about what happened in my week next week. I feel fine aside from having a fever but it was really funny one night when my comp and I were outside to call the elders from a payphone and report the data. It was pouring and no one was answering we just laughed and made a great memory. We should get a new phone today though which will be good. 

In Guatemala we have Dogs inChurch

No comments:

Post a Comment