Monday, June 10, 2013

Change Makes Us Better


You are all probably wondering what changes I am talking about. Every six weeks in the misison there are changes and sometimes there are changes in your area and other times there is not. In the  last change my (mom) Hna. Calero left. This time my (sister) Hna. Rodriguez is leaving. I am really excited for this though because like always I have a lot of ideas and I can see this area in the the next few months coming on fire. My new companion is not going to know how hard it is to work with the members, because we are going to work with them everyday. I am super excited and I know that you are as well.

 

Last P-Day was Elder Penfold and Elder Robison`s birthday. They are both leaving to the states on Thursday. It really is sad but it is also exciting. I am so greatful that I was able to meet them and really learn a lot from them. They said the cake that I made last week was the best they have eaten in over 2 years. haha. After District meeting our zone met up with another and we went to their area to play sports. We played soccer at this huge soccer feild. I am still not an expert at soccer but everytime I get better and better when we play.

 

To end the evening we went to a members house for a lesson and dinner. It was one of their birthdays and they invited over people who were not members of the church. We shared a short message about the gospel and how it helps us in our lives. When it came time to eat cake the birthday gril had her head shoved in the cake. It is a tradition in Guatemala to shove their face in the cake and she was covered in frosting.

 

The last few weeks have been really hard on my companion, because her dad has been sick and this last week he was even having convulsions. One day she was fine but then didn`t want to do anyhting. I am so glad we have the priesthood and Elders here in the mission who were able to give her a blessing of comfort. 
A Reactivated Family
I love their Excitement for the Gospel!

 

Something that I love in the mission is going into a house to teach one thing and having the spirit promt you to teach something else. This happened with these two girls in the branch this week. We were going to teach them about misisonary work but for some reason I changed the plan and started teaching about eternal families and shared about how my little sister died but I knew that my family would be together again. They started crying. I guess their dad died a few years ago and they have been really sad about it lately. It is so important to follow the spirit.

 

This week was a little hard when we went to teach our 15 year old investigator. He had all of these crazy questions and didn`t read the scriptures. It made me really sad. However we just focused on the doctrine and the next time we visited him, he was super happy. He even read more in the Book of Mormon than we asked him to, marked different scriptures and remembered to pray to God. I loved seeing the difference.  

 

I feel like for my mission I have really high expectations of what I can do here. A lot of times I am really hard on myself becaue I do not reach them. However, I am getting better at being the missionary I want to be and that Heavenly Father wants me to be as well. I am so glad that we can continue to progress in this life and be better and better. How great is the plan that Heavenly Father created for us. It is PERFECT!!!!!! 

 

Well I hope you all have a great week and I will as well. Whenever tmes get tough I know that I am not alone. I also eat a choco banana. They are so good!!!! Thank
you for your love and support.

 

Hna. Gurule


No comments:

Post a Comment