Monday, June 24, 2013

The Work of Salvation




This week we have been working really hard. A mission is not always super easy and it sometimes brings a lot of stress. I have learned though when I do not always feel my best that I work harder. I am not sure why that is but it is what happened more this week. I think I put more faith in the Lord and strive to do everything I can and be exactly obedient so that I can receive the blessings that come from it. One of them being happiness. I love to be happy and I am happy that I am able to serve.


 
Flores Family Request for a Picture of me in these socks.

Last P-Day we played soccer with the Zone again. It is really cool how I am learning more and see improvement in my soccer skills . I enjoy playing and I am not as afraid of the elders running into me anymore. It was funny at one point because in trying to get the ball I fell. When I first started playing I would not even be in the action. 

 

I received another blessing this week. I can never say or express how grateful I am to have worthy priesthood holders around me that are there when ever I need them. The power of the priesthood is the power of God given to men. The blessings we can receive from this are never ending. If you want to know more about what this power is, Ask the missionaries or a member in your area.

 

On Wednesday we had divisions with the Sisters in Ututlan. I was in my area and Hermana. Calero came. It was really nice to be with her again. It is also cool to see the way that we have changed. My Spanish is much better and she teaches and contacts more like I do. I feel like I could talk to her about a lot of different things. She is my mom here after all. haha She is nothing compared to my real mom but it is always nice to see friends. 

 

With Hna. Calero we went to Sn.Raymundo to teach a contact. I feel like we taught so much to him about the restoration but he understood it all and set a goal to gain a testimony and be baptized. He works for a less active member who this week has given us a lot of different references to talk to. I love it when I can hear people who are not that active or fall away from the church bear testimony of it. They do know that it is true. Like everyone they have faults but just need a little help to get them reactivated. I hope that this will help her a lot. 

 

I do love teaching people about the truth. It blesses their lives in so many ways. One funny thing that happened on Saturday is that we had a meeting with the President in our branch. We waited there for a while and he never showed up. As we were walking home with the Elders in the area, a man was selling DVD`s. He had a speaker and said, Elders DVD`s 3 for 5Q. I was laughing. 

 

Sunday was great as we had church. I feel like that is one of the hardest commitments for our investigators to keep is going to church. I want to help them overcome this and have tried many things. I will not give up though. That night we had a conference with a lot of other people in the church. It is called the work of Salvation. It was so amazing to watch and learn more about this work we are doing here. I felt so good after it and on the  bus on the way back to my area I contacted. I remember talking to one person or saying hello and then the next thing I knew I had their information. I am not sure what I said because I feel like the spirit did all the teaching but it was awesome. Heavenly Father really does want to help us and bless us in this work. 

 

Well have a great week and I will write again next week.
The pictures below were emailed to me by another Hermana - they are from when I was in Training at the CCM.

 

Hna. Gurule

Sisters from The CCM- these were taken while in training




No comments:

Post a Comment