Monday, June 17, 2013

Training !?!


As you know from my email the other week, we had changes. It is crazy how fast a change seems to go by. They seem to take forever during the process, but then as you look back, you see how short they are. I was ready for change though so we could make this area even better. I do miss Hna. Rodriguez though.

 

Our Church Building
On Tuesday all the people who have changes go to a Stake Center in the Capital. A taxi comes in the  morning to pick us up so we can be there on time. This morning however one did not come. We called and they said they would be there in ten minutes. The minutes passed and still there was no taxi. It was a crazy thing and they kept telling us to wait. Finally they did come right at 10 when the change meeting was going on. We were late. haha. It was a little sad to miss the Farewell testimonies but since there were so many going home, we made it in time to see the changes. We were about 1.5 hours late if any of you are wondering.

 

At the meeting I found out that I would not just be getting a new missionary in my area, but in my mission. In mission terms, I have a daughter. She is from Nicaragua and is 20 years old. Like me she is a convert and was baptized in February of 2010. She is also the only member in her family. I thought that was a little crazy but cool. Her name is Hermana. Duarte. She has enthusiasm to work and that is really good. I noticed right away with both of us how much better our contacts were. 

 

It is also really nice to have a new missionary because they can ask a lot of the questions you want to but can`t since you have been in the area for a while. I am excited to work with her and hope that together we can truly change lives.

 

Her first day in the field we had a lesson with Nestor, the 15 year old we are teaching. One of the hardest things for him to do is pray in the lessons. However now he has prayed two times in a row. He is reading and praying and I am pretty sure he wants to be baptized. We need to meet with his parents now. He is so afraid to talk to them because they are very Catholic. Luckily I think we can help him because both my companion and I know what this is like.

 

Wednesday we had zone meeting. There were 2 new Nortes in my zone. They asked me a lot of questions about how to say different things in Spanish. It is crazy that I can answer their questions. I guess I do have pretty good Spanish especially for the time I have been here. I also do not know for sure but I do not think that I am a greenie anymore. I do not quite have 6 months in the mission but I am training.
My Best Friend - Actually a pet of a member.

 

Thursday was probably one of the strangest days in my misison. I spent most of the day in a car and spoke English a lot. My companion needed to go to the doctor because she has asthma but the people in the airport would not let her take her medicine with her. We went to the office and there I received a lot of letters and a package. It was just what I needed. We waited for the nurse to come and I had a great conversation with the elders in the office. I even found out Elder Issacson wrote about me in his journal my first day I arrived. He asked me my name and I told him it was Cailey. I guess that was awkward for him. haha 

 

Once the nurse got there we went to the area doctor where I was able to see the Cameron`s again. Then we drove in the car trying to find the medicine for my companion. You do not need prescriptions here. In one place they had a massage chair. I forgot what those feel like. It was like  I was in the USA because Guate really is different in a car. Also the places we went to were really nice. 

Funny Picture - I thought you would like.
 

The rest of the week was good with teaching investigators and strengthening the members . Three of our investigators also said that they would go to church. I was so excited, but then they didn`t. It is always sad when things like that happen. Well I need to go, but thank you for all of the love and support you give me. I know the work I am doing here is the work of the Lord. Have a great week.

 
Hermana Cailey Gurule

No comments:

Post a Comment