Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy 22nd Birthday Cailey!!


Happy 22nd Birthday Cailey!!
I can´t believe that it is my birthday today. Really I am not sure how I feel about having a birthday as a missionary. I don´t like thinking about myself so I will try not to. Last week as you know I had changes and now I am in Monjas which is about 40 minutes from Jalapa 4.5 hours from the Capital.  I really love it and my companion is awesome.  We  are opening the area again and I am training.  My second daughter is Hna. Recinos and she is from El Salvador.  She went to BYU before though so she speaks English well.  I remember when we met I didn´t know she spoke English and she said, " Lets take a picture." I commented that she really had a great accent and president Stay said it was because she could speak English. 

My New Companion
 

My new area is a really small branch of usually about 25 people and we meet in a house. Our house is actually right next door so that is nice. Saying goodbye again to people in my areas was really hard. I became so close with everyone.  Also,  there were several people who were sobbing because I was leaving.  How crazy are changes, they are good but sometimes really sad.  

 
Family Aparicio

Family Molina

Greisy Modonado and Family


The day we left the relief society president made us breakfast and then we left. In the meeting I was so suprised to see I would be training and opening an area. It is also my first area "outside of the  Capital".  We left the place where we had changes at 2pm and got to our house at 7:30pm.  It was sad not to work that day but we went srtaight to work the next day. 

 

The area seems really small to me but I also feel like I am in the United States sometimes.  It is really nice and no one is ever outside.  I found out that it is because there aren´t jobs here so they go to the USA and then come back.

 

Wednesday we had a crazy lesson as we were contacting. We taught this lady who at first told us she didn´t have kids and then she opened up to us. At the end of the lesson though people came to the house and just started fighting with us. I just sat there becasue their whole argument was that Sunday isn´t the sabbath. We let them talk so we wouldn´t argue, bore our testimonies and left. We will go back to teach the other lady again though.  

 

Thursday was Thanksgiving and really we didn´t do anything for it. I made some little cards for the Elders and taught a lesson about being thankful for the things we have.  Truly I am so grateful for all that I have in my life. Especially for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all of my family and friends.  I love them and I know that they love me. 

Thanksgiving in Guatemala
 

We also had a Noche de Hermanamiento, or a big Family Home Evening with the branch.  It felt like I was home and it was really fun. Truly this branch is a little family and I am so happy to be here and share with them. They are all working so hard. If the church is small the members are usually all really strong. 

 

The one thing that is a little weird about the area is that people are just too nice. A lot of  them aren´t interested in learning but if you ask to share something with them they invite you in. It can be hard but there are also so many people here that are really excited about the gospel. 

 

The Hermanas here also always have a dog. He follows us everywhere. Our area is super safe but it is still good to have extra protection. We named him Elder. I will have to take a picture one day. 

 

Yesterday in  church we had testimony meeting and the spirit in the little house was so strong. I even had the opportunity to share mine. I love this area and I am so excited to see the miracles take place. This is the work of the Lord and I love having the opportunity to do it. Also make sure to wish my mom a happy Birthday as well today. =) Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment