Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Little by Little


I was at the top of a volcano today!!!!  Cool, Right. I think so. It was actually a tough climb but I love things like that because it helps me to work harder.  Climbing to the top of a mountain can be applied to many different things in life. As we climbed many people wanted to take little rests here and there. I didn´t,  I like to keep going even if it is slowly. That is what we need to do in life as well. We need to keep going and progressing even if it is just a little bit. When we made it to the top I was soaked with sweat but it was so pretty. It was also cool which made me really happy.  The people in my district liked what I said, ¨poco a poco¨and we will make it. 




I feel like in my mission that is what I  try to do. I want to work hard and accomplish a lot of things but we can´t run faster than we have strength. If we do as much as we can everyday we will reach our goals and the Lord will be working in our life in amazing ways. 


This week we had a really cool zone meeting where we taught the Restoration  to missionaries. I like applying it to us and learning even more about how much our Heavenly Father loves us and the plan he has. 


I really love different Mormon Messages and other tid bits that are picked up in lessons. We can´t use computers in our mission so I am saving them on a USB drive and giving them to the people to watch.  They are so powerful and really bring the spirit.  They are always the best in every situation but with some investigators we have they are exactly what they need.  


Thursday I completed one year here in Guatemala and even had the opportunity to go to the temple. That is really one of my most favorite places in the world and I love it even more now.  It was a crazy day though becasue the bus didn't come when it was supposed to and I thought we were gouing to be late. The amazing thing is that we weren't and I was even able to get a family name ready to take through. I love doing all aspects of missionary work especially when I get to be in the temple to do it. 



After the session we went by the CCM to take a picture since it really was exactly one year since I entered. It looked way different but I felt good thinking about how this year has been. It was crazy going home though because it was the latest we have ever left the city. When we got to Jalapa there were no buses to our area. Also the power was out there so we didn't know where to go.  Finally we got ahold of the sisters there and they called some members to give us a ride. It was so nice of them and we got home at 9.



Friday there was a baby shower in the branch for one member we helped to reactivate. It was very exciting I was sad that day though because one of our investigators started making bad decisions. Now he is reading the Book of Mormon again and that makes all the difference.  



I did realize that I have difficulty talking to people  in English. I tried with some people who were visiting from the states and my companion asked me afterwards why was I talking like a gangster. I just don´t remember the words to use and I get nervous. 

I love everything that is going on and I am also excited to also see other people in my branch go to the temple this week and get endowed. Along with them some recent converts will be doing baptisms.  All of these things are amazing if you don't know. I love it!  Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment