Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Truly it is amazing how fast every week goes by.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and serve the Lord.  My zone has also grown really close and the funny thing is that we have all grown to really love Mafia and play it on Monday.  We celebrated the birthday of an Elder on Monday.  It was fun because we went to Wendy's and they even gave him a free pie.

I am really grateful for the members in our area and how they have Family Home Evenings open to all of our investigators. This gives the investigators the opportunity to see more of how their family can be with the gospel. I also like it because the investigators are always really nervous about how their kids act and focus a lot on that. With other members there they see that their kids are the same and don't worry about it as much so they can focus more on what we are teaching.  
Ropa Tipica





This week we started teaching more families of investigators we already have. It is really great and I am really excited for it because they will all be gaining a testimony of the truth together. I have a great testimony about the family and how it can be eternal. I know that is part of the plan Heavenly Father has for us His children. 

Wednesday we had a zone council as well. I am always glad to have zone councils and to learn more about how I can be a better missionary. One of the things we really focused on was how we can help people to have spiritual experiences.  Everyone needs to receive their own revelation and to do that we need to help invite the spirit and give them this opportunity.  

Finally as well this week we went to las casitas. I used to go there all the time when I came into the area but lately we haven't been able to go. I enjoyed visiting members there and also getting to know their friends. One sister introduced us to a family that had been meeting with missionaries many years ago but now they want to start again. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father really does continually prepare his children for the gospel.  

Friday it was my companions birthday and also the day we had planned to make pie. I love baking but it can also be stressful if you have to make a lot. In doing that though I also get to teach others how to make new things and learn new skills. 



Saturday was Mothers Day here in Guatemala and also the day I was able to talk to my parents. It was really funny because they kept asking about things I would do when I am home. Truly I feel like I just came out on the mission so there is no need to think about that but it is sad to think there are only two months until I come home. 

After the call we went to the church for the activity and all of our investigators were there. At first we were only going to be there for a short time then leave for lessons but since everyone was there we wouldn't have anyone to teach. The time was better spent building relationships with the members and investigators. When the activity was over I was so exhausted but then we had to keep working.  




Sunday the Bishops wife was worried that I would have changes. I didn't but she told me that when I do leave I will leave her sobbing. I love the people here so much. I hope that I can continue to love and serve them even more and truly help them to have many spiritual experiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment