Friday, May 2, 2014

Divisions = Success

This Monday came around faster than any other it seems. I am not sure why this week has been going by so fast but I loved it. When the weeks fly I know that I am working hard and we always have the most success.  

We had interviews with President and Sister Stay this week and they were some of the last ones we will have with them since they leave at the end of June. It is crazy to think how soon that will come. I love having them as the Mission President. I have learned so much and have grown in so many ways with them. Sister Stay is just so loving and radiates that love and the Spirit with her always. President Stay always helps me to reflect and focus on what I can do to become better. During the interview I could see my self in my first interview talking about my family and now in this one I did the same. I guess with me I just want them to have all the blessings I do and I want to know how I can help them even more.

Tuesday I had an amazing day when we went and visited with several investigators. I felt that I was really in tune with the spirit and was able to help them know that our Heavenly Father knows and loves them. It was a really cool feeling and I have a desire to have all of the lessons like that. I usually feel like I am guided by the spirit at times but I just felt it more that day. 

After interviews on Wednesday we had divisions with the sisters in San Jose Pinula. It was really great and I was able to be with Hna. Rodriguez who is from Utah. I learned a lot about using the folletos to have short but powerful lessons. At one point we were in the street contacting because they don't have really any investigators so we tried to find more. As we were contacting we kept saying "oh they want the gospel" then they would ignore us. Right after this one rejection, this man saw us and was like, "are you Mormon Missionaries" we said yes and started talking to him. He is less active but wants to come back to activity. It was cool. 

Thursday we ended the divisions and I went home to Fijanes. That day flew by as well and then before I knew it, it was Friday.

Friday I had something really crazy happen. We went to a members house for dinner and she gave us some food and then went to give us a drink. She placed something on the table and I asked what it was. She told us coffee and I didn't think it looked like morcaff so I asked what kind. She told us regular coffee. It was crazy and we said we couldn't drink it. She tried to convince us to just have it once a year but I said I was good.  She is a little old so I think that was why. She was really nice though. She also has a daughter who isn't a member and lives with her. As we left we gave her a hug and she started to cry. I am not sure why but we just hugged her. I want to help all that are distressed and heavily laden. There really is hope.  

With all of that I realize that I am really accustomed to being a missionary. I am not always sure what I will do afterward because there is so much to do here and so many people to serve. I know that I can continue that later on though.  


The rest of the week was amazing and the members were helping us a lot,  even with divisions which are some of the best things ever. We get so much more done in a shorter amount of time. Well,
have a great week and know that I love you. Thank you for your love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment