Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Goodbye San Juan


The time has finally come in my mission for changes. As of right now, I do not know where I will be headed but I will find out at about noon tomorrow. I am a little excited, nervous, and sad. I have really grown to love my area, the members, and all of the people here. It will be hard to leave them but the good thing is that I can always come back in the future to visit them. 

This week was pretty good and I had the opportunity to work a little bit out of my area. We had divisions and it was my turn to finally leave my area. I didn't really want to but I think it helped me a lot to prepare to change areas. When I first got there I was really shy and I didn't really know what to do. But then later in the day I really opened up and worked like usual. Being in a different house was weird but I slept well. At least know I know that I will be okay in another area. 

When I came back to San Juan, it felt like returning home. It really is like my home to me and I love being here and everything about it. Our newest convert had her interview that day and we also helped another member who was suffering with depression. I love being able to help people in whatever situation they are in. Our Heavenly Father has so much love for His children.  

Thursday was a day of new investigators. I am really happy that there continue to be a lot of poeple ready for the gospel in San Juan. I may not be there anymore after today but the Lord's work will continue and I will just be working in another area. To end our day, we taught a member's son. He is eight but his mom wants him to have the misisonary lessons before he is baptized. I really love teaching kids the gospel. They are so innocent and have so much faith. 

Friday, we taught a part-member family. They are the first family I visited here on my misison and in San Juan. They will also be my last as we have plans to teach them tonight. 

Saturday, we had to go to the dentist because my companion lost a filling. I love the dentist so I was excited to go and I even got my teeth cleaned. It was fun as well to know more of the city as we had to figure out how to get there. There is so much to see. After that early morning we went again to San Raymundo and visited some members and recent converts. I love being with everyone here. 

Yesterday, we had another baptism. It was with Fernanda, and her mom even came which is great. She really liked church and so I am sure we will see her back there again many times. The baptism was after the reunions so my companion and I got there an hour early to fill the font. President wasn't there though so we didn't have the keys to the font. I solved that problem though and climbed over the glass and into the font to open the door and fill the font. There were men there but they were afraid so it is good I was able to do it. 

It was also testimony meeting and I was able to bear my testimony. Thinkng I was going to leave, I thanked the ward for everything and they all started to cry. It is hard to leave people you have grown so close to. Then for the rest of the day we did service. How I love service! Well, that was basically it. I hope you all have a great week and know that you are loved. Thank you for the love and support you give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment